M&A Advisors serving southeast US
What Makes Us Different
We take a unique approach to the sale of our clients' companies.
Many M&A advisors, business brokers, and business intermediaries
employ some, or all, of the following four processes that we use.
But it's HOW WE DO THEM that makes all the difference.
And how we do them, produces three significant benefits to our clients!
Many business brokers often attempt to sell their client’s business at whatever price their client would like to receive - regardless of its true value. This results in wasted time for the client. As professional M&A Advisors, we provide our clients with our written opinion of the market value of their company at the start of each engagement. And, because we’re well-informed regarding market conditions at all times, our assessment of the market value of our client companies is usually within 5% to 7% of the valuation of a professional independent appraiser.
Preparation of Marketing Documents
Many business brokers typically prepare marketing documents that include just a few pages of basic company information and photo copies of prior years’ tax returns. This rarely provides buyers with enough information to start down the path of investigation, because there are just too many unanswered questions to know where to start. As professional M&A Advisors, our comprehensive marketing documents are designed to answer about 80% to 90% of all the questions potential buyers may have about our clients' companies. This builds "transaction momentum", as the buyer can become increasingly interested in making a "go" decision regarding the opportunity.
The Marketing of Our Client's Company
The marketing plan of many business brokers often includes just posting the listing information on a few web sites and waiting for the phone to ring, or emails to be received. This plan does not attract the large number of potential buyers required to show the deal to enough real buyers to ultimately close the deal with one buyer. As professional M&A Advisors, our marketing plan includes up to nine specific steps designed to sell our client companies quickly and confidentially:
- Blind profile sent to over 2,000 pre-qualified buyers and 1,200 private equity/family funds in our database
- Letters and emails sent to targeted strategic buyers
- Telephone follow-ups to those targeted strategic buyers
- Placement in the five largest business-for-sale internet sites
- Placement in the five largest business social network sites
- Inclusion on the SAG web site
- Announcement in the SAG newsletter
- Appropriate media advertisements
- Use of national and international associations – promoting the confidential sale of our client’s company.
Our Role as Business Intermediary
Many business brokers often try to arrange seller meetings with every potential buyer - to show their clients the illusion that something is happening. This is just a waste of everyone’s time. As professional M&A Advisors, we diligently protect our clients' time. We want to minimize disruptions to their usual business routine and distractions from their responsibilities – so they can manage the operations of their company. And, we give our clients weekly telephone or email updates – keeping them informed of the actual progress being made with potential buyers.
Benefits to our Clients
1. Limited Client Interruptions - time our clients must spend with potential buyers –
so our clients can remain focused on running their business;
2. Reduced Sales Cycle – so our clients' companies are sold quicker; and
3. Improved Perceived Value by Buyers – so our clients' companies are sold at higher prices.
If you have any questions about how we do what we do, please email or call the Atlanta or Charlotte office, or simply fill out our Contact Form.